About the Author:
J.A. Culican is a teacher by day and a writer by night. She lives in New Jersey with her husband of eleven years and their four young children.
J.A. Culican’s inspiration to start writing came from her children and their love for all things magical. Bedtime stories turned to reality after her oldest daughter begged her for the book from which her stories of dragons came from. In turn, the series The Keeper of Dragons was born.
Five Best Foods to Eat While Writing!
- OREO’S- these are my absolute favorite and my biggest weakness. Currently, I am obsessed with the smore ones. I have actually had to stop buying them because I will sit and eat a whole box while I write and not even notice until their gone (woops).
- Coffee- Okay I know this isn’t a food, but it is a life necessity when writing.
- Grapes- Simple and HEALTHY! Added bonus, they make your office smell yummy!
- Hard Candy- jolly ranchers being my favorite. It’s almost like a fidget cube. Helps me stay focused on the task at hand.
- Trail Mix-as long as it has m&m’s in it J Great source of energy, lasts a long time so you don’t have to keep getting up to grab something to eat or refuse to get up and get something to eat, which happens most of the time with writers. Plus, you can leave it right on your desk all day and it won’t go bad!
Five Worst Foods to Eat White Writing
- Soup-Your focus is taken away from writing so you can eat. Not to mention dripping can be an issue whether it be on yourself or the keyboard.
- Ice Cream-Same reasons as above AND it makes a sticky mess when it melts if you forget about it. Which happens often when writing.
- French Fries- You will get grease and salt all over your keyboard. And once again if you leave them to long they get cold, and no one likes cold French fries.
- Oranges (or any citrus fruit)-The juice gets everywhere and your fingers get sticky.
- Chips-Ever trying getting chip crumbs out of between the keys in a keyboard. NOT EASY! And once again grease and salt get everywhere!!
Happy writing! And Eating!!
The Keeper of Dragons: The Elven Alliance (Keeper of Dragons, Book 2)
The fates have spoken.
Cole and Eva are the Keeper of Dragons – the only ones who can save all true beings from a time of fear.
Cole finds himself unstable, unpredictable and volatile. He has no control of the tillium-fairy magic he stole from the farros. Out of options, the dragons turn to a once ally – the elves – for help. Curious about the dragon who wields both dragon and fairy magic, they accept – but on their terms only. The dragons must submit to Prince Gaber and his rules.
A new enemy.
Queen Tana continues to haunt Cole’s dreams, as a new enemy shows his face – another fallen enemy with a bigger agenda than the farros-fallen fairies; an enemy stronger and smarter; an enemy with an army that could destroy all true beings. Enter King Eldrick of the eldens.
The fallen elves.
Sometimes evil wins.